Cookies are small pieces of information that are stored on the hard drive of your device and they enable a server to collect information from an internet browser. Cookies in themselves do not identify the individual user, just the computer used.
- personalise our website to you. For example, to try and ensure that region displays are correctly configured for you.
- allow you to use our website in a way that makes your browsing experience more convenient. For example, by allowing you to store items in an electronic shopping basket and create a wishlist.
- make recommendations to you about products you might like, based on those products and services you have purchased, or those which have been purchased by other customers.
- improve our website. Knowing how our users navigate our website and use its features allows us to streamline the user experience, speed up searches, identify bugs, make enhancements and ultimately get you to the right page and product faster.
- estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- provide faster and more personal service by collecting information in respect of any accounts which you have on our Website.
- collect Anonymised Data about the websites from which users have travelled to our Website.
- store information about any preferences which you set, so we can do things like greet you personally and speed up your log-in when you come back to our Website;
- identify which of your device(s) you use to access our Website or any account which you have registered on it; and
- prevent credit fraud and various forms of cyber-crime.
The cookies we use may persist on your device between visits to our website, so that, for example, we can identify you when you visit again.
Avoiding Cookies: You can set your browser to accept or reject certain cookies or, if you prefer, you can set your browser to alert you each time a cookie is detected. Previous cookies that have been stored on your device can also be deleted. However, if you block our cookies or you subsequently delete a cookie that has been placed on your device, it will not be possible for you to use our Website effectively as our systems rely on cookies to identify you as the user.
Disclosures of your personal data
You can rest assured that your personal data will not be shared with third parties unnecessarily. We may disclose your personal data for the purposes set out in this Privacy Notice:
- to third party suppliers when an order is placed. This data will only be your name and mission.
- to other companies in the IDS Group. This includes Inta Gulf & Diplomatic on Top.
- to service providers acting as processors or joint controllers who provide us with IT and system administration services.
- to professional advisers acting as processors or joint controllers including lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers who provide us with consultancy, banking, legal, insurance and accounting services.
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation or to protect our rights, property, or safety, or the rights, property or safety of our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with: (a) the police or other investigatory or law enforcement authorities; and (b) companies and organisations involved in fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- to third parties to whom we may choose to sell, transfer, or merge parts of our business or our assets. Alternatively, we may seek to acquire other businesses or merge with them. If a change happens to our business, then the new owners may use your personal data in the same way as set out in this Privacy Notice.
We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. Unless specifically stated in this Privacy Notice, we do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
Disclosure of Anonymised Data or Aggregated Data
We may also share Anonymised Data or Aggregated Data to third parties such as analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our Website.
This Anonymised Data will be collected using cookies in a way which alone cannot identify any individual.
We will never share your personal data with any company outside the IDS Group (as defined above) for non-IDS related marketing purposes.
The data that we collect from you will be stored on secure servers within the European Economic Area ("EEA"). The majority of such data is held within the UK.
Certain information may be accessed and processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff maybe engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of your order, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services (such as content moderation or the maintenance of our data storage facilities).
We may also share your personal data within the IDS Group (as defined above). This may also involve transferring your data outside the EEA.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
Please note that despite the steps we take to secure your data, the transmission of information via the internet can never be completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Website
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
Your Legal Rights
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data. If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. A summary of the rights you have is set out below:
Opting-out of Marketing: You can ask us to stop sending you marketing communications at any time by contacting us at any time on email@example.com.
Data Subject Access Requests: You have the right to request access to your personal data. This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
Correction: You have the right to request correction of the personal data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you corrected, though we may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide to us.
Erasure: You have the right to request we erase your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. Please note, however, that we may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
Processing Objection: You have the right to object to us processing your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third-party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms. In some cases, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information which override your rights and freedoms.
Processing Restriction: You have the right to request we restrict the processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your personal data in the following scenarios: (a) if you want us to establish the data's accuracy; (b) where our use of the data is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it; (c) where you need us to hold the data even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or (d) you have objected to our use of your data but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
Data Transfer: You have the right to request we transfer your personal data to you or to a third-party. We will provide to you, or a third-party you have chosen, your personal data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Note that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the information to perform a contract with you.
Withdrawing consent: You have the right to withdraw your consent to processing where we are relying on that consent to process your personal data. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.
No fee usually required: You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
What we may need from you: We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
Time limit to respond: We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
Create an account to start your exclusive shopping experience and checkoutCreate an Account